Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Notes from a Mac Newbie

Hello all

I am still testing my new Mac and it is working great I am still a little taken back about what it can do. I have been reviewing a lot of Youtube Mac tutorials and even set up a google alert to notify me by email when anything about my Macbook Pro comes available from any news source or blog. I am guess I am somewhat happy since I am not as frustrated as I was when I had my PC.

It was old (7 years old) and starting to show the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)which was a little too much for my taste. I have to admit I did contribute to the problem by downloading tons of unneeded software. And for your tech geeks out there you know what happens to a PC 's stability when that scenario materializes and besides my Compaq Presario was running a Mac emulator (basically hacked system files to emulate a Mac's appearance and some functions.) It compromised my memory which had a mere 256mb capacity with a hard disk capacity of 20 gb .

Wow such a weird thing to see and hear especially since I got this new mac which has 2 gb of memory with a disk capacity of 256 gb . Quite a difference huh!

I will keep this updated as new things happen in my life as a new Mac user.

Until next time
KIrk

No comments:

Contributors

Followers

Twitter Updates