Sunday, July 12, 2009

Focusing on my health and fitness

Here I am again a day before I mentioned I was going to update. I went to my doctor on Friday and got a wake up call concerning my blood pressure. It has doubled over a 2year period and I am certain it is due to my activity level since I quit work in 2004 . Of course since then I have been in school and I am about to graduate . Old news I know.

Let's concentrate on current events - I am going to be more vigilant about my exercise and diet although it is hard and challenging to get moving. I am sure people can relate to the challenging early morning routine. It is never the same everyday. Sometimes it is easy and sometimes it is hard nonetheless it has to be done and consistently in order for it to be effective. I do know that but at the same time I am human and have the same challenges every morning . Procrastination is something that I still need to work out - although in the last 5 years I have gotten better with getting tasks done on time. My online college courses has sparked that fire because if I dont there are consequences

Just this morning I did a 10 min routine of opposing muscle groups in a home setting using dumbbells, stool and an ab wheel

This my routine as I remember:
3 super sets of elevated push ups/ bench dips
2 super sets of db rows/ 21's for biceps -bodybuilding veterans and readers remember those -very intense
2 sets of ab wheel
All of these done to failure.

My breakfast was my usual :
Green tea
Oatmeal with 2 percent milk
apple
banana
and a scrambled egg

Now I am posting this not just for my readers but for myself as well to motivate me and know that it is possible to get back to almost contest shape with out the competition weighing on my mind. My health is the priority and being a Health Education major I know what I need to do. I want to thank the bloggers and twitters that I have met and talked to concentrating on health and fitness
Some of your stories are awe inspiring and motivating. Thank you willofiron(Gary) FAtlife(Drew),Mobilelifetoday for giving me the opportunity to write about my experiences.
There are more if I left you out I apologize.

I will close since I have to start to look at my coursework for the summer term that starts on Monday the 13th and it looks challenging so I may not update this blog as much as I like.
Please feel free to leave comments,questions and criticisms since I am a blogger that is a little green but it is very therapeutic for me.

Until next time
Kirk

No comments:

Contributors

Followers

Twitter Updates